Sunday, May 24, 2015

Essie -- Blossom Dandy

Blossom Dandy was the big hit of the Essie 2015 Spring Flowerista collection; it was the shade that everyone was raving about and me being obsessed with mint things meant that I just had to own it. As usual, I hunted for a good deal. I won this bottle on eBay for $3.36 (plus $1.65 in shipping), so all in all I paid $5.01. I usually hate paying for shipping, but since this was from a current collection and my winning bid was so low I didn't mind too much.

Essie's website describes Blossom Dandy as a "mint creme hydrangea... an eye catching light blue with a hint of spring mint green" and that really is spot on. When I had it on last week I had a girl tell me that she felt like the color was very relaxing, and I thought that was a pretty cool observation. 

Blossom Dandy


I was curious to see how Blossom Dandy stacked up to similar Essie shades I already had in my collection, so I compared it to Find Me An Oasis and Mint Candy Apple. As you can see from the picture below, FMAO is obviously lighter and more blue, whereas my bottle of MCA is lighter and more green. Blossom Dandy definitely pulls more blue than green, but I'm not sure if you can see that very well from the picture...

Color comparison... (L-R): Find Me An Oasis, Blossom Dandy, Mint Candy Apple (green-hue)

The formula is terrific. It was super easy to apply and so smooth. I only have two shades from the Flowerista collection (this and Flowerista itself) and they both win in the formula category. The swatches below are two coats, topped with HK Girl by Glisten & Glow. I posted the closeup shot down below on Instagram and that earned me another "like" from the official U.S. Essie account.  : )


Essie "likes" this picture!

In outdoor, overcast lighting

So, the bottom line is that if you are looking for a good minty shade for your collection pick up Blossom Dandy. You will not be disappointed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment