Saturday, May 9, 2015

Easy Nail Art: The Dry Brush Technique

Last week I tried the dry brush technique on an accent nail, and I loved the way it turned out. It was super easy to do, yet it looked like it took more effort than it really did. If you want to learn how to create this look keep reading...





For this look I used:
OPI: Mod About You (pink)
OPI: My Boyfriend Scales Walls (white base on accent nail)
Essie: Bikini So Teeny (blue accents)
Essie: Mint Candy Apple (green accents)
Seche: Seche Vite top coat
Glisten & Glow: HK Girl top coat

I started by painting all of my nails, except my ring finger, with Mod About You. I did two coats and topped them with HK Girl. I painted my accent nail with one coat of My Boyfriend Scales Walls and topped it with Seche Vite (I didn't want to waste any of my HK Girl since I was going to paint over it). I waited until that nail was totally dry before starting with the accent colors. 

With the dry brush technique you really just need to make sure that there isn't too much polish on the brush before you start. I wiped off both sides thoroughly and then ran it along a piece of paper, just to be sure. 

And then with short, quick strokes I applied the accent colors on my nail one polish at a time, in various spots all over my nail. I only waited a few minutes before starting the next color since the polish dried pretty quickly. I used Mint Candy Apple, Bikini So Teeny, AND Mod About You on the accent nail. You may have to apply some colors twice to get the effect you want. The great thing about this technique is that you can use it in a lot of different ways depending on which way you do your brush strokes, and which colors you use. 

Once the colors looked the way I wanted I just applied my top coat (HK Girl) and viola! Easy-peasy, super cute accent nail! 



No comments:

Post a Comment