Saturday, January 16, 2016

Review: Avon Moisture Therapy Intensive Healing & Repair Hand Cream

Hi Guys!

Today I have a quick review of the Avon Moisture Therapy Intensive Healing & Repair Hand Cream, which sort of fell into my lap by way of a co-worker and I have been so impressed with it that I felt it was well worth mentioning here. Prior to discovering this hand cream I was using Bath & Body Works lotions, which I have used religiously in general for years, but this winter my skin has been especially dry (which I know is normal) and my BBW lotions just weren't doing the trick. So I tried the Avon hand cream and my game was officially changed. 

Avon Moisture Therapy Intensive Healing & Repair Hand Cream 


First off, this product is by no means new. I personally don't have a lot of experience with Avon itself except for going to Avon parties with my Mom as a kid, but you can easily buy this on the Avon site itself, and on Amazon. The Avon site lists the retail at $5 (for a 4.2 fl.oz. tube), but at the time of my composing this post it's on sale for just $1.69 (free shipping is at orders over $40, or $5.95/flat). 

Let's get into the product itself. It's hypoallergenic and fragrance free, and the consistency is a rich, silky cream. When you first apply it it feels a little thick and tacky on the skin, but within a couple of minutes it absorbs down fully and leaves your hands wonderfully hydrated and exceptionally soft. The packaging says that it has "HydraBoost Technology" that boosts your skin's moisture level by 75% for up to 8 hours. I'd say that's a fairly accurate claim. I can use this in the morning and then follow up with BBW lotion throughout the rest of the day and my hands will stay far more moisturized than if I was using the BBW lotion alone. I (forced) my husband to try it because his hands have also been extremely dry this winter and unfortunately he's the kind of person who hates lotions and creams of any kind and would rather suffer than put on lotion. Once he got past the absorption phase I could tell he was impressed... he kept looking at and touching his hands, surprised that all the dryness was gone. He's so cute.   : )

So, to wrap this up, I would go so far as to say that I have found a new holy grail product. I cannot express to you just how soft and deeply moisturized my hands feel after using it, you just have to try it. And at $5 a pop, you really don't have much to lose! Do you have any holy grail hand creams you think I should try? If so, leave me a comment below. 

Thanks for reading! XOXO. 

No comments:

Post a Comment