Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Review: California Mango-Mango Magic Cuticle Oil

Hi Guys!

Today I have a review of the California Mango-Mango Magic Cuticle Oil. I heard about this oil from Nicole/Young Wild and Polished on YouTube so when my bottle of Essie's Apricot Cuticle Oil ran out I decided to go ahead and try it out. I love cuticle products, so I was really excited to get my bottle. I purchased mine from Amazon (here's a link) for about $8 and free shipping, but I think the regular retail is about $12-$13. I believe you can also purchase it at Sally's Beauty Supply. I bought the 1oz. bottle, which I was very happy about because the Essie oil is only 0.5oz. and it retails for $8.50. It is also available in a smaller size (0.25oz), but for me the 1oz. bottle was perfect.




The 1oz. California Mango oil comes in a convenient plastic bottle with a drip-tip applicator. I really like the applicator because it provides you with a lot of control over how much oil is dispensed. The Essie Apricot Cuticle Oil has a brush applicator, which I like using, but I think that the drip-tip on the CM will help it last a really long time. For comparison, the Essie oil, being half the size, lasted me well over a whole year, and I applied it very liberally. But with the dropper I just apply one drop of oil to each nail bed and massage it in. 


The scent is lovely. It's tropical, but not too strong. It reminds me of summer. It also absorbs very nicely into the skin and leaves everything nice and soft. The main way that I cuticle oil it is to hydrate my cuticles after I've removed my nail polish, or after I clean up a new manicure, just to replenish the moisture lost from using acetone. I also use a couple of times mid-week (if I think of it) because my skin tends to get a little dry from work. In addition to my cuticle oil routine I also use one of my cuticle balms each day after work, and I also apply a healthy dose of Aquaphor every night before bed. 

Overall, I really like this cuticle oil. I am happy with the size and price of the bottle I purchased and I most definitely would recommend it. My next thing to find is a good cuticle oil pen. I have the E.L.F. cuticle pen (I wrote a review on it not too long ago), which is okay and I actually did get good use out of it, but I'd like to find another option to try. I just can't get enough cuticle products!

What are your cuticle care must-haves? Do you have any favorite oils, balms, or creams?


4 comments:

  1. Good review! I used to use Essie's Apricot Oil as well, but when I ran out and needed more, I refilled the bottle with some jojoba oil that I had in my bathroom that I use on my face sometimes. Just like you, I pretty much just use cuticle oil to replenish my nails after using nail polish remover, but the rest of the time use cuticle balms. It's working just as well.

    I just recently bought Dior Abricot Creme and I freaking love it! The air is very cold and dry here in Southern Alberta, Canada and my cuticles get hang nails very quickly. But that cuticle creme does amazing wonders and keeps them in awesome shape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kindra! I've never tried jojoba oil before, but I've also heard that olive oil is good too and I definitely have that in my cupboard and might give it a go at some point. And that Dior creme sounds really nice! I want to splurge and get the Lush Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter at some point. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I've tried Lemony Flutter as well and it was great too. The container was too huge for me to use it before it expired though. If I'm I'm completely honest, I just kept using it anyway, but it lost it's delicious fresh lemon scent and took on a rancid oil scent. Haha. Still worked though!

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh, that's funny (and good to know)!!

    ReplyDelete