Friday, November 20, 2015

Fall 2015 Nail Color Favorites

Hi guys! It's been a while since I've posted, but I'm back! Today I am discussing some Fall nail polish colors that I have been wearing and loving this season. My lovely co-worker Leslie lent me some terrific season-appropriate polishes from her collection (first picture below), plus I've been re-discovering some things in my stash. So, without further adieu, here they are!

The first image is of the borrowed polishes (and the adorable note Leslie left on my desk). I haven't worn all of them yet, but three of them are featured below. They are (from left to right): On the Same Paige (OPI), Brown-a-licious (Milani), Two Cent (Sonia Kashuk), Leggy Legend (Essie), and Gilty Pleasure (Sally Hansen). The palette is just so pretty, so warm and rich and fabulously Fall!





1). Under the Twilight, Essie. I had this one in my collection for a while but only wore it for the first time recently. It's a gorgeous deep plum, inky-type color that is just DIVINE. I love dark, vampy colors and this one is probably one of my favorites. The picture below is of two coats, but you could probably get away with one, I just prefer two because for me it helps stave off chipping too soon. Formula is terrific, which I always appreciate a little bit more when it comes to Essie polishes. 





2). Flowerista, Essie. This color was part of their last Spring collection, but I love it in the Fall too since it's such a rich shade. It's a beautiful orchid color that really stands out. The best part about it? The formula is so easy to work with, it's the kind of polish I can reach for in a rush and know it won't give me any trouble during application. Love, love, love the formula! 





3). Leggy Legend, Essie. This polish is really interesting and was the first one I tried from Leslie's stash (of course, because it's Essie, lol). If you happen to follow me on Instagram you might have seem that I posted two pictures of Leggy Legend---one in direct sunlight and one in indirect. Direct sunlight makes this polish glow like nobody's business. I think it's a really unique polish. I will include that picture below, too (second pic). There are no filters on that image at all (I never use filters on any of the pictures of my nails so that the color hopefully comes off as true to life as possible). 






4). Chinchilly, Essie. I love this color. It reminds me of a lovely, stormy day, which we certainly don't get a lot of here in Southern California. This is my only gray polish and I definitely want more. 





4). First Mate, China Glaze. Oh, this polish. Color? Divine. Formula? Divine. That is all. 




5). Aubergine, Sinful Colors. This is one of my favorite colors by Sinful Colors. Every time I wear it I am reminded of just how much I love it. It's a wonderful rich red shade that is just gorgeous and flattering on a lot of people. And, of course, because Sinful Colors are such affordable polishes it's even better. 




6). On the Same Paige, OPI. Lately I have been OBSESSED with orangey-red shades, and this polish (another one from Leslie) is my new love, but I feel like in pictures it comes off a little bit more orange than it does in person. I can already predict myself wearing this a bunch more this season. I haven't worn it as a full manicure yet, but I think I will soon. The picture below was my Halloween mani. The formula is great. I am starting to appreciate OPI more and more each time I try something from them because I love how wide the brush is, and the formulas seem to be more consistent overall (*cough* Essie). 




7). Brown-a-licous, Milani. This shade is another one from Leslie, and I'm not sure if it's still available since it's in the older Milani bottles. Its a warm, shimmery brown that is really good for the Fall. I'd like to try something like a plastic bag mani accent nail with this one.




So those are the polishes I have been wearing and loving this season. It's been a while since I've purchased any new polishes, I've got the bug to go add some new things to my collection. Do you have any favorite fall nail colors? Any that you'd recommend? Leave me a comment with your Fall favorites and until next time, happy polishing! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment