Sunday, August 30, 2015

Essie -- Fiji (plus how to score great nail polish deals on eBay)

Why do some of the prettiest colors have to be so damn difficult to work with? Such is the case of Essie's Fiji. Is it gorgeous? Yes. Is it a pain in the ass to apply? Oh, yes. Is it worth the struggle? Probably. Okay, yes, it's worth the struggle. 



I got my bottle on eBay for around $3.40. If you are buying your Essie polish at full retail price let me tell you that you could be saving money, lots of money, by poking about on eBay first. It'll be a red-letter day when I spend $8 on one bottle of nail polish. I love Essie and all, but seriously. I HIGHLY recommend you pop on over to eBay and take a look around. I like to look for people selling sets (or "lots") of four bottles at once, I usually find the best deals that way. Make sure you are looking at both the auctions and the Buy It Nows, and just know that constant vigilance will pay off because stock availability and different opportunities to score deals is always fluctuating. If you are looking for something specific you can also set up notifications for when it becomes available. If you see something you want, but still think the price is a little high, just hold off and keep watching and waiting for a deal. That's what I did with OPI's Steady As She Rose. I kept seeing bottles go up for sale, but not at the price that I wanted to pay, so I watched and waited and eventually won an auction for only $4.40, which included shipping. 

But back to the polish. It really is gorgeous, so when I'm in the kind of mood where I wouldn't mind having to spend a little extra time applying my polish, I'll reach for it. The swatches in the pictures here were two laborious coats, carefully finessed for full opacity, topped by my HK Girl top coat. 



And for the sake of comparison, here is Fiji next to Romper Room. Romper Room is the tiniest bit more white...

L: Fiji, R: Romper Room

L: Fiji, R: Romper Room

Do you have any polishes that you have a love-hate relationship with? Let me know in the comments section, and until next time, happy polishing! XO


6 comments:

  1. Yes those were totally my thoughts on the polish! Such a pain to apply, but oh so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny because I LOVE Essie, but recently I've been wearing some different brands and it has really opened my eyes to how crappy a lot of the Essie formulas are. Not that I'll ever stop loving them, but it's just SO nice to work with a polish that glides on smoothly and evenly.

      Delete
  2. I have read your blog it is very helpful for me. I want to say thanks to you. I have bookmark your site for future updates.Smartwatch BF Deals

    ReplyDelete
  3. cheers for such a brilliant site. Where else could someone get that kind of info written in such a perfect way? I have a presentation that I am presently working on, and I have been on the watch out for such information. Speakers Black Friday Deals

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're produced by the very best degree developers who will be distinguished for your polo dress creating. You'll find polo Ron Lauren inside exclusive array which include particular classes for men, women. wazirx referral code

    ReplyDelete
  5. In the economic environment of today, although you may not need to use it, having good credit is vital to survival. It positions you as a fiscally responsible person. slice invitation code

    ReplyDelete