Saturday, August 1, 2015

EPIC July Nail Polish Haul




Hey guys! Today's post is my July nail polish haul, and this month was pretty epic thanks to the generosity of a former co-worker of mine. I got a DM asking if I'd like to take some nail polish off of her hands and OF COURSE I (excitedly) said yes, but I had no idea just how many bottles I would be inheriting. Turns out that there were about 60 bottles of nail polish and nail care items in the bin she gave me. Can you imagine how shocked I was? It was like Christmas in July. So, if you want to find out what nail polish I added to my collection in the month of July just keep on reading...


Before I get into the tub-o-fun, I'll just mention the couple of polishes I actually purchased this month...

The ones I bought. L-R: OPI's Steady As She Rose, E.L.F.'s Desert Haze, Revlon's Entice

1). Steady As She Rose/OPI: I have been wanting/stalking this polish on eBay for the longest time. Not that there haven't been lots of opportunities to buy it, I just didn't want to pay too much for it. I lucked out and won an auction for $2.25, plus $2.54 in shipping. That's just $4.79 in total, and that made me very, very happy. It is SUCH a beautiful polish. The formula isn't the best, but the color is so worth it that I don't even care. The picture below is three coats, which is what it took to get everything evened out. 

Steady As She Rose in natural light. I am OBSESSED.

It's very similar to Don't Bossa Nova Me Around, only a teeny, tiny bit more purple/grey. I think I prefer Steady As She Rose on my skin tone, but they're both really good. 


Left: Don't Bossa Nova Me Around. Right: Steady As She Rose

2). Desert Haze/E.L.F.: This was a freebie with purchase that I got from ordering something on the E.L.F. website (which I was totally obsessed with last month). It was their customer appreciation month in July and they actually sent me two bottles of this color. I believe everyone got two of every freebie last month because I placed two orders and got two free eye liners the other package too. Anyway, this color is very close to my actual skin color, so when it's on it gives me that mannequin-hands look. I only swatched it on one finger, but the formula was surprisingly good--two easy coats for opacity, the first coat dried quickly, and it all self-leveled nicely. I'm on a big neutral kick right now so I'm pretty stoked that a). It's a nude b). It's 3-Free, and c). It was 100% free!

3). Entice/Revlon-Brilliant Strength: This one is a really pretty green color that I discovered because a co-worker had it on one day and it just looked so good on her. I kept an eye out for it in drugstores after that, but never seemed to find it. Then one day I was in a local Dollar Tree and I stumbled across it for, you guessed it, $1. Score!


And now, on to the main event. Because there are so many of them I'm just going to list them out by name for the most part. Obviously I haven't tried most of the colors yet, but for the ones that I have worn I'll pop a swatch pic in. 


COVER GIRL: Outlast/Stay Brilliant:
The only Cover Girls nail polishes I had were some fairly old ones from way-back-when, so I was pretty excited to get some more current stuff. I love all of these colors so much!!!


Top row, from left to right, these colors are:
Smoke Taupe
Amethyst
*Bronze Beauty (I've used this as an accent nail. See Essie swatch below)
Perfect Penny
Coy Coral
Second row, left to right:
Lav-endure
Mint Mojito
Tickled Pink
Lingering Spice
Bombshell


Glosstinis, left to right:
Blue Hawaiian
Violet Flicker
Purple Freeze



JULEP:
I've never tried a Julep polish before, so this is very exciting. I've got a variety of finishes, and a couple of their supplemental manicure products as well. 

Julep Part 1 (the ones that sparkle), left to right:
Tegan
Queen Anne (so pretty!!!)
Ariana
Elle
Waleska (reminds me of a mermaid's tale)
Jennine


Julep Part 2, left to right:
Oxygen Base Coat
Bunny
Jules
Caitlin
Tamara
Mariska
Lorenzana
Bergen
Libby
Kam


 
Julep Part 3, the supplements:
Vanish Cuticle Softener & Remover
Ta Da! Quick Dry Drops



OPI:
My OPI collection was really small up to this point. Like, 3 bottles small. Not that I don't love the brand, because I definitely do. And now I have lots more to love. 

The vampy shades, left to right:
Romeo & Joliet
Vampsterdam
Who Are You Wearing?
Black Cherry Chutney
I Sing In Color
Lincoln Park After Dark (been wanting this one!)


The Blue/Greens, left to right:
Ski Teal We Drop
Yoga-Ta Get This Blue!
Here Today... Aragon Tomorrow


The Lone Purple:
Purple With a Purpose


The pastel pinks, left to right:
Got A Date To-Knight
Second Honeymoon


The pinks and reds, left to right:
DS Opulence
A Rose At Dawn... Broken By Noon
Pompeii Purple
Manicurist of Seville (swatches below)
No Spain No Gain


Manicurist of Seville is AMAZING. The formula is bomb.com, and the color kicks ass too....

Manicurist of Seville in indoor lighting is vamp central.

Manicurist of Seville in natural lighting pulls much lighter.



ESSIE:
Two new bottles of Essie made themselves at home on my shelves, one of them being a shade that I had been wanting for my collection for a while. Exciting!

From left to right:
Chinchilly (!!!)
Vanity Fairest


I was so excited to see Chinchilly in the tub-o-fun that you know I had to wear it immediately. *The accent nail on the picture below is Cover Girl's Bronze Beauty, from earlier in this post.

Love, love, LOVE this polish!



SALLY HANSEN:
I'm definitely down with some Sally Hansen...

From left to right:
Glitter Gun
Gray Area (I already owned this, so I may give it to a friend)
Something New



MISCELLANEOUS:
These are the single-brand bottles...

From left to right:
Fast Track, China Glaze
Feeling Very Cherry, Nicole by OPI



And the last thing I got, that I almost forgot to add is this OPI mani/pedi white tea mask:




Aaaaaand, that's it! Whew! I'm exhausted. Thank you so much to my lovely friend Sophia for all of the gorgeous new nail polish this month!  ♥ ♥  

I want to start working on a nail art tutorial next, so stay tuned. Thanks for visiting, and happy polishing! XO


PS: I almost forgot to add a bottle of Orly's Tough Cookie nail strengthener! I don't have a picture right now, but I'll add one later. 



No comments:

Post a Comment