Sunday, June 28, 2015

Essie -- Coacha'Bella

Hello again!

Today I am featuring Coacha'Bella, one of the new polishes in the Essie Summer Neon "Make Some Noise!" collection. My darling mother got this one for me, and while it wouldn't have been the color I would have chosen from this collection, it still is a really pretty shade. For the record---If I was buying I would have picked up Groove is in the Heart. All Access Pass also caught my eye, but after hearing multiple people say it had a terrible formula I sort of gave up on that one. 



When I first saw the color in the bottle I thought it looked a lot like Flowerista, and even still, when I compare the two side-by-side they look very similar to me, but when they are applied to the nail they are literally nothing alike.


L: Coacha'Bella, R: Flowerista

The one thing I have to say about Coacha'Bella, the formula is wonderful.... smooth, easy to apply, two coats and I was good to go. I feel bad for feeling less than inspired by this color, because it certainly is lovely, but I think it's just a bit too common. There's a lot of talk about Essie's summer neon collections never being neon, and this color definitely is not neon. It's bright, much brighter than Flowerista, as I found out after comparing my swatch pics, which you'll see below. 


Coacha'Bella in natural light

Flowerista in natural light

At first I was going to exchange Coacha'Bella, but now I think I'll just go ahead and keep it so I have at least one shade from this new collection, and since my Mom picked it out for me it makes it a little bit harder to let go. Have you gotten any good polish lately?


No comments:

Post a Comment