Saturday, June 27, 2015

Formula X -- Power Source

Hi guys! Today I just have a quick swatch of Power Source by Formula X. I got a tiny little sample bottle in my June Ipsy bag, which is officially the cutest little bottle of nail polish ever, lol.

Color on my nails here is NOT Power Source



This was my first time trying this brand of nail polish. The color itself is a nice orangey-red, it's really bright and perfect for summer. My only beef with this polish was the formula---It took me three coats to get it fully opaque, which I felt was a lot considering that this brand retails for $10.50 a pop. But it truly is a beautiful color...

Power Source in natural light


Problems with the formula aside, I was really glad to get nail polish in my glam back this month, and I'm doing everything I can to make sure they send me polish whenever there's a chance to get one in a given month. I'm not so sure if it'll work since this is only my second month with an Ipsy subscription, but I guess we'll see. When I took the beauty exam I made sure to only click "nail polish" when it asked what beauty products I like, and then every time I review something and they ask how much I like a particular product type my plan is to not give 5 stars to anything but nail polish. We'll see if their algorithms work for me.

In exciting news, after I posted the picture of the little bottle on Instagram, the official Ipsy and Formula X accounts began following me, which I was really excited about, and then they both "liked" the swatch pic I posted a week later, too. : ) 

So, until next time my friends, happy polishing. Oh, and PS: I'm somehow already collecting a whole lot of polish for my June haul post which is pretty hilarious considering the month of June was supposed to be a "no buy" month. Oh well, at least I tried! Hahaha... 


2 comments:

  1. I tried your method with the Ipsy bags when I was subscribed to try and get as many polishes as possible, but it didn't seem to help much unfortunately. This is a gorgeous color on you though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It ultimately didn't wind up helping me either! I subscribed for 6 months, I think, and only got one polish! #crying

      Delete