Sunday, February 12, 2017

Mega Essie Haul: My 100 Bottle Sweepstakes Win

Hey guys! The time has finally come for me to share the mother lode of all nail polish hauls... My 100 bottle Essie sweepstakes win (queue dramatic lighting)! Thanks for being so patient with me on this one; I know I've been promising it for a long time!





Before we get into the polishes I should explain how I won. On essie.com you can upload swatch pictures ("share your #essielove") and after doing so you have the opportunity to submit an entry to win 100 shades. I've uploaded many images, and entered many times, and I guess I just got lucky because back in October I got an email notifying me that I had won and, boy, what a surprise THAT was! I had to send a notarized letter validating my identity within 10 days of winning to claim my prize, I'm guessing because the retail value was $800. Wow! And then not long after mailing everything in I had a package of 100 perfectly packed bottles at my door. There were definitely some shades I had in mind that I was secretly hoping for, and it was just so much fun to unwrap everything and see what colors they they sent! Prior that point I probably owned about 35-40 bottles of Essie, which may seem like a lot to people who aren't into nail polish, but I'm willing to bet that out of my group of fellow Essie addicts on Instagram I probably had one of the smallest collections around, so this haul really filled out my collection nicely! Okay, enough backstory... Let's get on to what you guys really want---The nail polish!!!


While contemplating this post I mulled over the different ways to share everything with you and ultimately decided it might be better to sort them into color groupings, photograph them for reference, and then list them within their color categories. Now, let me just say, sorting by color is trickier than it seems. I didn't want too many categories, so I just used my best judgment, and the Essie website, when categorizing the tertiary colors. So, my whole point here is that these color categories are nothing official, and you may not agree with where I've categorized some shades, but I really just did my best. 


One last thing before we get into it is that yes, I did get some duplicates which I have already given away to several friends. Just for fun I will designate the duplicates with an asterisk (*) and grab my original bottle for the photo. They also sent two bottles of two shades, which I will denote as well. Only one bottle arrived sort of damaged... The cap wasn't on very tight and so some polish leaked out and dried all over the cap and bottle. It's nothing I can't clean up with acetone, but hopefully the formula didn't get too dried out because it was a new color to my collection.


Okay, enough blabbing! Let's get started!



REDS

A-List
Russian Roulette (x2)
Clambake
Fifth Avenue
Really Red
Forever Yummy
With the Band*
She’s Pampered
Maki Me Happy
Bordeaux
Berry Naughty
Wicked (not pictured)


ORANGE/CORALS


Stones N’ Roses
Tart Deco*
Sunshine State of Mind
Sunday Funday
Cute as a Button*
Meet Me at Sunset
Mark on Miami
Gallery Gal
Playing Koi*


GREEN/YELLOWS


Mint Candy Apple*
Fashion Playground
Chillato
Stencil Me In
Turquoise & Caicos


BLUES (AQUA/TURQUOISE)


Udon Know Me
In the Cab-ana
Garden Variety
In it to Wyn it
Pool Side Service
Go Overboard
Beach Bum Blu


BLUES


Find Me An Oasis* (not pictured)
Bikini So Teeny*
Butler Please
All Access Pass
Aruba Blue*
No More Film
After School Boy Blazer
Midnight Cami


PINKS

Cascade Cool
Mod Square*
Madison Ave-Hue
Fiesta
Secret Story
Guilty Pleasures
Bachelorette Bash
Off the Wall
E-nuf is E-nuf
Double Breasted Jacket


PALE PINKS

Vanity Fairest*
Ballet Slippers
Mademoiselle
Sugar Daddy
Fiji*
Spaghetti Strap
Hi Maintenance
Minimalistic
Muchi, Muchi


MAUVES


Angora Cardi*
Ladylike
In Stitches
Mrs. Always Right
Eternal Optimist


PURPLE/FUSCHIAS

Go Ginza*
Lilacism*
Play Date*
Big Spender
Flowerista*
The Fuschia of Art
Splash of Grenadine*
Kimono Over
Merino Cool
Carry On
Bahama Mama*


NEUTRALS

Topless & Barefoot (x2)*
Cocktails & Coconuts*
High Class Affair*
Go Go Geisha*


WHITES

Blanc
Tuck it in my Tux
Marshmallow
Limo-Scene
Adore-a-Ball
Allure
Between the Seats


GREYS

Smokin Hot*
Master Plan
Petal Pushers
Now and Zen
Between the Seats


BROWNS

Mochacino (the damaged one)
Mink Muffs
Imported Bubbly
Buy Me a Cameo


MISCELLANEOUS

Licorice
For the Twill of It


Some of the stuff I was most excited for was the large amount of pale pinks (I finally own Ballet Slippers and Muchi Muchi! Plus I got a new bottle of Fiji, the new formulation), Butler Please, Licorice & Blanc, Wicked, Bordeaux, new bottles of Lilacism and Vanity Fairest (to replace my discolored bottles), Stones 'N' Roses, Ladylike, Eternal Optimist, and For the Twill of It. I realized they also sent the entire Summer Neons and Fall 2016 collections, which is awesome too. 


So that's everything! My plan for storage will be to utilize my 96pc acrylic wall rack for most of my Essie collection (see my review on that rack here), and to keep everything else with the rest of my polishes on an old CD rack I've converted into a nail polish rack (see a picture of it here). Once I get the acrylic up and sorted I'll have to post a picture because I'm sure that'll be a lovely sight!


I am so grateful to have won such an amazing prize, thank you so much to Essie for hosting such a killer giveaway! Now the hard part... Which color to use first!


I hope you enjoyed this mega haul! Did you see any of your favorites? Thanks for reading, and I'll talk to you guys again soon. XOXO. 


3 comments:

  1. WOW!! So many! Once you get to Butler Please, review the formula. I have had two bottles of it and the formula is so thick and goopy and terrible to work with, which is so sad considering it is my all time favorite blue. I wonder if yours will be closer to their usual formulas. Congrats on the win hun!! Loved the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your posts. All the time. So well written and organized and beautiful ���� I'm so lucky to be besties with you hehehe xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see maybe 5 or 6 that I don't have, so I guess I shouldn't enter one of these contests, ha ha! Congratulations on this extraordinary haul!

    ReplyDelete