Saturday, January 7, 2017

Life Update

Hi Guys! Long time no see! I just wanted to pop in and write a quick post about where the heck I've been and what's been going on in my life. If you don't already know, in late August I found out that I was pregnant with our first baby, which was quickly followed by 2 months of a mild (which, for the record, is still AWFUL) case of hyperemesis gravidarum, aka the worst form of "morning" sickness, during which time nail polish and Instagram became the least important things in the world to me. I had no motivation to do much of anything for a really long time, even after the morning sickness went away and I moved forward into my second trimester. So, I basically didn't even look at a bottle of nail polish between September and Christmas Eve. However, on Christmas Eve I finally got the bug to put something festive on my nails and wound up with my first manicure in 4 months (Essie A-List... see below), which was really exciting! It felt good to paint again, and I foresee getting back into the swing of things, though I doubt I'll go back to my usual new mani every week thing for a while (as I write this my Christmas Eve mani is still on, and it's now January 7th!). 

Essie A-List



Formula was excellent!

Another small problem besetting my blogging activities has been the fact that my good old Macbook decided it was time to go to the big Apple store in the sky, which makes writing hard and uploading pictures a little bit tricky. We have an iMac, but Jeff is usually using that for school (he graduates in May, woohoo!), so I like to give him his space for that. I know I can compose on my phone, but let's be honest... That's not ideal and typing on cell phone keyboard is just not the same as using a full keyboard! Soooo... That kinda leaves me with no easy place to blog at the moment, but there's a good chance that we'll be getting a new laptop in the near future. Also, Jeff is on currently winter break until the end of January, so I have a few more weekends with the iMac. If you follow me on social media you might remember that a few months back I won an Essie sweepstakes and was sent 100 bottles of polish that I desperately need to catalog and blog about. That will be one of the first regular nail posts I get up next... I know a lot of you are curious to see what shades they sent, and I'm eager to share. 

So, was it stands now I am 23 weeks along, baby boy is due May 4th, and I'm very much wanting to continue blogging and Instagramming, though the frequency of which is still TBD. I still love nail polish and makeup and communicating with and sharing that love with all of you, so don't expect me to go away any time soon... Consider it more of a hiatus.

Thanks for reading, and I will hopefully be back soon with that Essie haul!


Last week's bump picture

Christmas Eve with my boys




No comments:

Post a Comment