Saturday, April 25, 2015

Tiny Haul (plus a surprise Essie score)

Lately I've been feeling like I've been going a little crazy with the nail polish purchasing. I've decided to [try to force myself] to slow down a little bit and NOT purchase a new nail polish every time I go out [literally]. It's NOT easy, especially when I go to Target and see the $1.99 Sinful Colors rack staring me in the face. So, what I'm trying to do now is to save my money for those specific things that I want, rather than operating on impulse. 

To that end, I think I've only purchased two new nail related items over the past month, which I think is really good. But I must confess, I've started getting more into makeup lately, so I have been buying a few inexpensive E.L.F. brushes and blushes, I started an Ipsy subscription, and I'm also going to order some ColourPop Lippie Stix (I already have the Lumiere lippie and pencil and they're AMAZING). 

But back to my tiny nail haul....


The first thing I got was the Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream from eBay for $4.95. That was the cheapest I could find, and I also got free shipping. As you may already know, I am very into cuticle care, and I have been wanting to get something that was not an oil, that I could just throw in my purse and easily apply and continue about my day. And it's kind of silly, because the only reason I hadn't already purchased it was because I'm not the biggest fan of lemon-scented things, but SO many people rave about this product that I finally decided to get one, and I'm really glad I did. The lemon scent is actually not so bad, it smells more like a lemon merengue pie to me, which is good... it's growing on me. The texture is like a waxy cream, it's not too greasy, which I love. My cuticles are already in pretty good shape, but I hear it really does wonders for people, so I am really happy to add this to my collection. 




The second thing I purchased this month was Cabana Boy by Julie G. Julie G nail polish is sold exclusively at Rite Aid (and on the Jesse's Girl website) and the only reason I didn't already have this one was because I've been waiting for them to go on sale at Rite Aid, and it just wasn't happening. Not that these are expensive polishes, because they're not. They're $3.99 each, but I am always looking to save/not pay full retail whenever possible. This polish is divine. The formula is perfect, the color is perfect. There's nothing more to say. It's just beautiful.




And finally, in exciting Essie news, my co-worker recently purchased a bottle of Mint Candy Apple at Target and was disappointed because she was expecting the Tiffany blue color we all know MCA to be, but instead her bottle was more green. I though the green MCAs were a thing of the past, or European formulations, at this point. When I originally purchased this color I was hoping for more of a mint green even though the blue-tinged version is beautiful too. So we both brought our bottles in to work to compare and sure enough they were entirely different colors. I should have taken a picture of the two side by side. So, since she wanted the Tiffany blue and I wanted the mint, we swapped bottles.

Mint Candy Apple--Green


Color comparison to show green hue: (L-R) Find Me An Oasis, Mint Candy Apple, Bikini So Teeny


Tiffany blue Mint Candy Apple next to Sally Hansen's Mint Sorbet
Green-tinged Mint Candy Apply next to Mint Sorbet


So, that's it! Just a few conservative purchases, and one surprise score. What new polishes or products have you purchased recently? Let me know in the comments down below. Happy polishing my friends!  : )


No comments:

Post a Comment