Saturday, April 18, 2015

Essie "Liked" My Picture!


In exciting news, this week I posted a picture of my nails on Instagram (@crystalsloan) wearing Flowerista from Essie's new spring collection, and their official U.S. account (@essiepolish"liked" it and even wrote me a little comment! Needless to say I was REALLY excited because I've been been tagging them in pictures where I'm wearing their polish in the hopes of getting re-posted. I also usually tag the German (@essiedeutschland) and Canadian (@essiecanadaEssie accounts too because they have a lot of followers as well. I think the German account has liked pretty much every picture I tag them in, which is cool because they seem to have a really big following over there, so that usually earns me a bunch of likes from gals over in Deutschland. I took German in high school, so it's also kind of fun to try to translate their posts....


It was pretty crazy, because when I first posted the picture I didn't think it would get as many likes as the one I posted wearing Van D'Go the week before, which, in my opinion, is a much prettier shade. That was my first, and only (Flowerista excluded), picture to even reach 100 likes. But then all of a sudden my notifications started going crazy, so I knew a bigger account must have liked my picture. It was really cool, I remember telling my husband that I didn't think it would hit 400 likes (which was crazy because I was already freaking out when it was at 300) and then I woke up the next morning and it was over 700. It's obviously calmed down, but I've still gotten a few new likes on it each day this week, and I think it has about 1,080 likes at the moment. It also earned me almost 100 new followers. This was all very super exciting and super unexpected. I would love to swatch for Essie, but that's a bit of a fantasy, haha. But I will keep posting pictures on Instagram in the hopes of being noticed again. I guess this means I need to buy more colors so I have more things to post!  ; )


You know I had to screen shot it!

And I had to capture the moment it hit 1,000 likes!


No comments:

Post a Comment