Thursday, August 11, 2016

July + August Essie Club Collab

Recently a group of us on Instagram decided to collaborate each month to create a collage featuring our favorite Essie shade within a specific color family. It's really fun to see which shades everyone chooses and I figured I'd share these collages here, since it's a great way to see a variety of colors side-by-side, which could be helpful if you are looking for a particular type of shade. 

Most recently we featured blues in August, inspired by the ocean and the end of summer. Shade names and participants are listed below:



TOP ROW:
Turquoise & Caicos, @essiebuff
Aruba Blue, @essie_envy
Blossom Dandy, @nails.ksjolund
Pret-a-Surfer, @sjs_nails

CENTER:
Viva Antigua!, @xglitzandpolishx
Saltwater Happy, @chroma_nails
Bikini So Teeny, @lovefreshpaint (me!)

BOTTOM ROW:
Saltwater Happy, @gopolished
Smooth Sailing, @movemountains
Nama-Stay the Night, @hjs_nails
Borrowed & Blue, @essieneutrals


And, because I was so happy with how it turned out, here are some solo shots of my gradient mani, in which I also used Blossom Dandy and Find Me An Oasis...




July was the inception of our little group and we featured of our favorite Essie reds in honor of the Fourth of July and Canada Day. We were all surprised that not one person chose the same polish as another! Shade names and participants are listed below:




TOP ROW:
Jelly Apple, @sjs_nails
Lollipop, @nails.ksjolund
Dress to Kilt, @movemountains

CENTER:
She's Pampered, @gopolished
Life of the Party, @essieneutrals
Sunset Sneaks, @lovefreshpaint (me!)

BOTTOM ROW:
Scarlett O'Hara, @hjs_nails
Pouf Daddy, @essiebuff
Clambake, @chroma_nails


Here are some solo shots of Sunset Sneaks. It's a vibrant orangey-red that is incredibly bright and really pops on the nails. To me it is a quintessential summer polish and is also one of my go-to pedicure shades. The formula is smooth and easy to work with, so Sunset Sneaks gets big A+ from me! I got my bottle at TJ Maxx for $3.99. 






I've met a lot of wonderful people on Instagram and love all of these ladies that have participated in our collaboration. You can look for our monthly collages here and on Instagram, and I am very much looking forward to what the Fall season will bring. It's so fun to enjoy a hobby alongside others who share the same passion. I hope you've found our collages in some way helpful... I know that personally I have realized that I absolutely NEED Aruba Blue in my collection! 

Talk to you guys again soon, happy polishing! XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment