Sunday, August 21, 2016

Fall Essie Haul

If you follow me on Instagram you know that I just hauled some Fall-inspired Essie polishes from eBay that consisted of a lot of shades I have been lusting after for a while now. A lot, if not all, of these colors were inspired by my fellow Essie lovers on IG. Their beautiful swatches caught my eye and made it onto my shortlist of polishes I wanted to own. The great thing about this haul was that I didn't pay any more than $4.99 for each bottle. I love shopping eBay for Essie because there a lot of great deals to be had and a lot of sellers offering free shipping. So, if you haven't checked out eBay for nail polish yet, take a look. 

For this post, since I've only worn one polish so far, I thought I'd compare each to similar shades in my collection. Let's start with an overview...

L-R: Topless & Barefoot, Angora Cardi, Sew Psyched, Smokin' Hot, Sexy Divide, and Aruba Blue



Topless & Barefoot: This color was everywhere recently on my IG feed. @sjs_nails@essie_envy, and @laurenslist all posted the most beautiful pictures of it and and @essieneutrals says it is her favorite beige nude. I was intrigued and decided I needed something like it in my collection. I only own a couple of neutrals from Essie (Sand Tropez and Cocktails & Coconuts), and, to be honest, I don't find them very flattering on me. T&B, however, is more of a pinky-nude, whereas the other two I own are more yellow-toned, so I have high hopes for this one and cannot wait to put it on!

Topless & Barefoot
Sand Tropez, T&B, and Cocktails & Coconuts. You can really see the pink undertone in T&B next to these two.


Angora Cardi: This one was on my radar ever since Kindra/Essie Envy blogged about her Fall Polish Picks last season. It seemed like such a unique dusty marsala, really classy and rich, a deepened mauve without being old fashioned. And then more recently @chroma_nails had it on and I decided to pull the trigger and look for it. I keep hearing how great the formula is, so I am so happy that I've added this one to my collection. Perhaps unsurprisingly I had nothing quite like it. The closest match was Swept Off My Feet, another gorgeous dusty shade that looks downright bright next to Angora Cardi! 

Angora Cardi
Angora Cardi (left) vs. Swept Off My Feet (right). SOMF is much more red in comparison.


Sew Psyched: Next up is another nail polish that Kindra/Essie Envy featured in her Fall Polish Picks (I swear, almost every polish I hauled was in some way inspired by her!). I also have @essiebuff to thank for putting this one on my radar too. Sew Psyched is the muted army green I have been needing in my collection! I love green nail polish and I think this one is such a cool color! The closest match I have is Maximillian Strasse Her, which is much lighter and more gray. 

Sew Psyched
Maximillian Strasse Her (left) vs. Sew Psyched (right). 


Smokin' Hot: I think this is the one I have been wanting the longest, and the ironic thing is that it looks like I already had a dupe in my collection for it the whole time! Swatches from @hjs_nails and @essie_envy really sold me on this one. It's a sexy, dusty, gray-tinged plum (is everything I got dusty or muted?!), which is unique to my Essie collection. It is not, however, unique to my collection as a whole. Just recently I read another post from Kindra where she points out that Sally Hansen's Grey Area is a dupe for Smokin' Hot. Not only do I already have a bottle of that, I have TWO! As soon as I got Smokin' Hot I compared the two and, yes, they seem identical. I'll have to do some side-by-side swatches soon. Not that I mind, however; I still enjoy collecting Essie and am happy to own Smokin' Hot. The closest Essie's I owned were Chinchilly and Under the Twilight, but as you'll see below they are all very different from one another. 

Smokin' Hot
L-R: Chinchilly, Smokin' Hot, Under the Twilight
Essie's Smokin' Hot vs. Sally Hansen's Grey Area


Sexy Divide:
Ah.... this nail polish. Ever since @youngwildandpolished mentioned it in her Top 10 Essie Polishes-Fall Edition video I have had it on my radar, and when I finally put it on it was like angels were singing from the heavens. It is SO beautiful; like shimmering jewels glinting in the sun. The interesting thing is how different it looks in the sun versus indirect lighting. It almost looks navy indoors, which is equally as lovely. I certainly had nothing like it in my collection, so just enjoy the swatches below! 


Sexy Divide
Sexy Divide in direct sunlight
Sexy Divide in indirect light
Sexy Divide in both direct, and indirect light


Aruba Blue: Finally, we have what I imagine to be the sapphire equivalent to Sexy Divide, Aruba Blue. It's another lovely shimmer polish that I saw Kindra wearing for our recent Essie Club Collab and I fell smitten---I just had to have it. This is another one that is unlike anything I already own, so I won't have anything to compare it to for you, but I certainly expect good things from this polish and think it might be really nice in the winter. 

Aruba Blue
Top row, second image: Aruba Blue by @essie_envy


So, that's everything I hauled for Fall! I can't wait to try these polishes out and I am so happy that I've added them all to my collection. 

What are your must-have nail polishes for Fall? Let me know below so I can check them out! Thanks for reading, talk to you guys again soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment